WEEK TWENTY-ONE - Week of July 14 - There's something growing inside of me....and it has a heartbeat


[Urology Specialty Care GL]
July 16
As I was talking to MH, I confided in him that I had a very profound thought today.
ME: I realized I actually have a creature growing inside of me!
MH: You're just now realizing this?
ME: Yes, yes I am
MH: :::Chortle:::
ME: Hey, you knew when you were getting into this relationship that you were getting eye candy! Not a genius at work, but eye candy!


July 18
At my MD appt, I learned that I've only gained 2.8 pounds, and I have an anterior placenta, Oh, she also wants me to buy support hose and nursing shoes. There goes my potential of being "discovered" as THE next PG model! Then again, when my feet were hurting SO bad that I went in to the client's site with flip flops and black socks, I probably shot my chances anyway!

Apparently, she's also breech, so she's just kicking fluid around and not actually hitting me, and if she did manage to get a kick on me, she'd be kicking the placenta, which is in the front, so I wouldn't feel it anyway. The Doc said maybe in a few more weeks when she runs out of room, then I'll start to feel it more.

Where on earth did this belly come from, anyway?!?!?! I discovered this while shopping for clothes....luckily I was in the dressing room of Motherhood Maternity when I spotted it!

Check out the sound of the heartbeat below..