WEEK THIRTY-FIVE - Week of October 19 - What do the following have in common? a hospital tour, a Cat Genie, a trip to the vet and a belly cooking burn


Week two at home, and MAN am I in heaven! My sleep and awake hours are totally skewed, but I'm finally able to get projects done that I've wanted to do for months.

On Monday, we had our hospital tour. They started us off by showing a birthing video. I fought back tears while Daddy made non-stop jokes.....

Video: During the transitional phase of labor, the mother is going to need a lot of support and love.
MH: Do you think they'd let Bob Cat in the delivery room with us? [yes, he makes Bob do his dirty work on entertaining and snuggling with me]
Video: Since the pain is stronger during the transitional phase of labor, the mother may get much more aggitated and irritable and expressive in her frustrations.
MH: You mean it's going to get worse than it is now?

Sigh! I'm considering a fundraiser for Baby Girl's college fund by setting up a webcam for people to view the hilarity that ensues between DH and I during the birthing process [especially the transitional phase!]

In preparation for the tour, I had Daddy read the labor/delivery chapter of our childbirth book. His reaction? He started CACKLING with laughter! Then he turns to me and says, "Did you think to read this BEFORE you got PG?" Apparently not! He told me the other night that he thought I wouldn't ever actually go through with getting PG, that the reality of the pain of it all would be too much for me to attempt. Guess I wasn't as brite as he thought! haha

Don't call DFS, but Baby Girl did get her first cooking burn this week. DH took the lid off of a pot and set it on the counter [y'all didn't think I was doing the cooking, did you??] I had to grab something out of the cabinet above it, but when I leaned over to get it out, I miscalculated the size of my belly, and it got burned by the hot lid. A few days later, there's still a sore red burn mark on my belly. Not that I can see it because it's just below the vision line for me, but I can sure still feel it. Boo! Apparently it is attractive to have my Hello Kitty bandaid that's covering it peek out from under my "Does this baby make me look fat" shirt that doesn't quite cover the belly region. Attached are pictures of Bob and Baby Girl having some bonding time [you can see the burn mark on the frontal picture]


Our neighbors stopped by to give us some hand-me-down clothes. I did NOT expect it to be three bags worth of clothes, in addition to a bassinett and some diapers, bath products, onesies and towels. Baby Girl will never need to rewear any clothes her first few months of life, since she has such a huge wardrobe now. The pinks alone were their own huge load of wash! Yes, that is Packer checking out the stash as well. I think one of the biggest scores in the pile was a Christmas dress. It is so freakin adorable and will be the perfect size, and it comes with the cutest ruffled bloomers! I've been hunting and hunting for the right outfit, and here it comes, free from the neighbors!


This was also a week for doctor's appointments. Baby Girl had hers on Friday, and she's doing well. Without sweet tea in her system, her heartbeat was back to normal. I've been having feelings of heart flutters, and I happened to have one right before the doctor came in, but when she listened to my heart, everything was normal.

Bob and Packer also had their experience at the vets for their yearly physicals. Surprisingly, Bob was so chill and just hung out in my lap, but Packer, on the other hand, was NOT impressed with the whole ordeal. I think getting carsick on the ride over started the tone for the whole thing [or maybe it was the bath Daddy had given her that morning] but having the vet tech scruff her really did not help. She screamed and screeched and definitely let us know how miserable she was. We had taken the top off of her carrier to get her [and her vomit stained bedding] out and set the lid down on the ground. That seemed like the perfect place, to her, to hide from our torture.

Last exciting news of the week? THE CAT GENIE ARRIVED AND WAS INSTALLED!!! It was wicked expensive, but if it means that I never have to scoop out a litter box again? It'll be soooo worth it! The kids and I had fun watching it go through its first cleaning cycle. There have been one or two oops on the carpet [we think it's Bob, but maybe we should set up the Baby Cam to confirm], but other than that, it's been going well.