WEEK NINE - Week of April 21 - Awww, it's a Gummy Bear in my tummy!


[Beaufort Memorial Retraining]
The morning sickness continues, but luckily it’s dull. I got to spend the week a short distance from Hilton Head Island, where we got married, but the exhaustion of the first trimester leaves me with NO desire to drive over there and check things out. I’ve also found that Waffle House is my new favorite restaurant. I can’t get enough of their hash browns!!!

April 25, 2008
Today is the first appointment with an OB. He tried to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler machine, but couldn’t. I kept looking over at Daddy to see if he was aware of what was going on and hoping seeing his face would calm me down. After trying for a few minutes, the doctor took us into another room and hooked me up to the ultrasound machine. WHEW!!!! Check out the baby’s heart beating away! It looked like a little gummy bear. The doc was nice enough to send us home with a picture of gummy bear. The first of MANY pictures I’m sure this baby will have taken! The heartbeat was measured at 171 beats.