WEEK THIRTY-FOUR - Week of October 12 - Mmmmm, Sweet Tea


Wow, who knew not having to pack and repack, schlep to the airport, do expense reports and book more travel would be enjoyable!! Man was this an awesome first week home! I got to wake up when I wanted to, work my own hours, snuggle with kitties whenever I wanted, wear sweatpants all day long. I think I could get used to this lifestyle!!

I had my OB appointment on Wednesday following a lunch with coworkers at the Mellow Mushroom. Apparently Baby Girl enjoyed the sweet tea even more than Mommy did, because when the doctor used the doppler, her heart rate was all over the place. You could tell it was MUCH faster than normal, so he wanted to put me on the NST machine for ten minutes to monitor things. Her heartbeat kept jumping from 145-165 and back again. Luckily the doctor was able to coincide the jumps up with her movement [apparently their heart rate goes up when they move, and she was doing quite the salsa dancing in my belly!]. After ten minutes of listening to her, we were released with a good bill of health...and encouraged not to give her so much sweet tea in the future. ;-)

On Sunday, we met up with Andriena, Katie and Kathleen for some Pei Wei action. It was so good spending time with my peeps and catching up on their lives. We definitely need to get together more often, and now that I get to live the life of luxury as a non-traveller, maybe that'll happen!