WEEK THIRTY-EIGHT - Week of November 9 - "You still in there?"

DH found out on Monday afternoon that he has to fly to Albany, NY Tuesday through Thursday for work. He's going on his first business trip in a month and his first flying business trip in a year. Keep in mind, this is the same man who did nearly 100% travel for ten years and was SOOO excited to have quit travelling as of a month ago. Then the last week or so he's become totally stir crazy [making up excuses to run errands, pacing the house, etc]. Ever since he woke up on Tuesday morning, he hasn't been able to wipe the smile off of his face! haha! When he left for the airport, Packer and I were psyched that the girls are in majority of the household once again!

Later on Tuesday night, however, I found myself to be 8.5 months pregnant and with a vehicle, but no access to any of the keys to it. While running errands with MH the other day, I put my set of keys in my glove box and forgot to grab them back out. The valet key is always stored in my truck. The spare key? On his key chain.....which is now in Albany, NY until Thursday night. Yes, that is correct. Three keys, and I don't have access to any of them. It's a gooooood thing I talked him in to buying me milk [and some apple pie] before he flew out! You know what this all means though. The little girl, who has shown NO signs of coming out, will seize this opportunity, with the full moon rising, no access to a vehicle, hubby out of town, still one more birthing class to attend, the mommy haircut scheduled, the pediatrician meet and greet scheduled and the massage scheduled to make her grand debut. Sigh! That's gonna be a LONG 30 mile walk to the hospital while I'm experiencing my contractions.

Luckily the full moon did not have any effect on Baby Girl and I think DH now remembers why he loathed flying so much before too. His first flight home was delayed, causing him to miss his second flight, which meant he didn't get home until around 1:30 am. The giddy virgin on prom night smile that he had on Tuesday morning was gone when he got home Thursday night.

Baby Girl decided Thursday was a great day to chill out and not make much motion. I gave her a glass of OJ and laid down on the bed [with an adorable Packer nuzzled up next to my face], and she got her minimum four kicks an hour in. I took her shopping at Linens and Things, and the bargains they had seemed to perk her up a bit, but still not as much as normal. I decided not to freak out and call the OB and just wait until my regular appointment on Friday. I know when they're near the end, they slow down their movements in preparation for labor and because they're just simply running out of room. I'm hoping that's all this is.

On Friday, Baby Girl decided to be chill again, so the doc hooked me up to the NST [Non-Stress Test] machine. Her heartbeat went between 135-155, which he said was normal, but even with apple juice, she only gave one good kick. He said it wasn't bad, but not as ideal as he would feel comfortable with, so he sent me over to the hospital to get a "biophysical profile for a non-reactive Non Stress Test". He wanted to be paged with any result other than an 8 out of 8. That meant she needed three movements within 30 minutes.

They found the heartbeat right away and her fetal breathing was good. She was fine for amniotic fluid, and she did make her three movements, so she scored her 8 out of 8. I only felt one of the three movements, because some of them were as simple as moving her hand by her face. She moved a few more times that afternoon, and just a bit ago she decided to stretch her leg and push her foot out so that I could feel a hard lump on my side. Unfortunately we didn't get a good shot of her face, so we're still not sure how cute she's gonna be, but we're hopeful! haha! I was told to check kick counts of 4 an hour once or twice a day and call with any results less than that. Otherwise, everything's going well and she's showing no signs of wanting to come out any time soon.
We followed our exciting morning by going to the salon in the afternoon for some pampering. Knowing this will be one of the last times I'll get to be carefree and selfish, I decided to take advantage of it and get my hair done. It feels SOOOOO much better now!