WEEK FIVE - Week of March 23 - Detoxing is NO fun!


[Associates in Orthopedics ST]
March 24, 2008
The 12th test is still taunting me from my toiletries bag! I have been successful thus far with not succumbing to its Siren song.....but I’m not guaranteeing tomorrow’s chances of it going unused. ;-) The nausea has slowed down, which is good and bad. In a stage where you’re still questioning [Am I really? Seriously am I?] signs like morning sickness are a confirmation and a lack of it is a worry. I guess I should really be happy that I’m not sick to my stomach throughout the day, because I have a feeling it will soon be my master, but I can’t help but worry.I’m going to try and call a new OB group tomorrow to set up my first appointment. I’ve struggled with finding an OB/GYN that I’m happy with, so let’s hope the third time’s the charm! Let’s also hope that I continue down this happy pregnancy path with success and relatively small symptoms.This is my five week timepoint. One more week before I can take a little breath, and seven more weeks before I can take a bigger breather. Does a mother ever really stop worrying about her munchkin though?!I’m going to attempt to cut back on my Happy Pills this week, since they are considered harmful to the baby. My first appointment isn’t for awhile, but I just don’t want to risk anything in these early stages. I have to say, I have done more fun things in my life. Man, these brain zaps are going to be the death of me!!!

March 30, 2008
I wish my detoxing from medication was going easier than my current m/s symptoms. I’ve continued to slow down my dosage, and aside from wanting to kill every stupid driver on the interstate and every dumb shopper in the store, I’m doing great! Maybe I should just take a week’s vacation and go to the beach and just go cold turkey. How angry could you get at the sand and the sun and the seashells?!?! OK, you’re right, I could probably find a way right about now. Sigh! Back to Plan A and weaning myself off of my Happy Pill gradually. At least I have awesome motivation to do it, and thus begins the first of many sacrifices I will make in my lifetime for my little baby. Good thing it’s SOOOOOO worth it!

On Friday, I drove from Dalton up to Jefferson to spend the weekend with Mom and Laura. I put on my same sweatshirt for Mom that night, and while it took her a little less time than David to realize, I think she was stunned, because I had to ask her for a hug after the news. Her immediate response was to ask, “Are you sure you’re not further along? Your belly is getting big”! hahahah! Oh man! The fetus is probably the size of a pencil eraser, but my uterus apparently got so excited to have company that it expanded to mansion size!

On Saturday, I wore the same shirt over to Laura’s house. She and Ellie were sitting at the table, and they just grinned when they figured it out. I got a hug from both of them. I think Ellie’s excited because I’ll be due around her birthday!