Day 120: Mar 25 - What else can go wrong, Mom?

Today was just one calamity after another! I made sure to leave my signature lip mark on Katie before dashing out the door, but things really went downhill after that.

I got to work and realized I forgot my breast pump flanges. Then Grammy was bringing Katie in and we were going to go out to eat with my coworkers before Katie's pediatrician appointment, but I was told the wrong time. She did bring me some flanges, but one of them was broken. Grammy took Katie shopping to pass the time, but there was only so much to look at, so they ended up stopping by my work to pass the remaining time. Katie got to see Mommy's pumping supply closet, and when she got fussy, Grammy closed the door to calm her down.

That was only the beginning of the fun for the day though. I think the picture of Katie's face below sums it up. "Come on, Mom, I know the shots are coming. Let's just get them over with!"

The first vaccine was an oral dosage, and she smacked her lips after that, thinking maybe this whole vaccinated thing wouldn't be so bad. Then WHAM! It's always interesting to watch for the moment of realization that she just had a needle jabbed in her. She took this round of shots MUCH better than her 2 month shots though. It probably helped that I dosed her up with some Tylenol before taking her in. That all resulted in a big long nap all afternoon.

I spoke to the pediatrican about the fact that Katie's still eating every 2-3 hours and still getting up multiple times at night to feed. He said there is no physical reason for this and that it's probably more out of habit than anything. OK, how exactly do you help a 4 month old break an eating habit??? One suggestion was to start feeding her cereal, so I made sure to stop by Walmart on the way home and pick some up. First attempt at cereal? FAIL! She cried every time I put some in her mouth. As soon as I popped a bottle in her mouth, she was happy, so perhaps the cereal wasn't being shoveled in fast enough?!

[Sorry, but you're going to have to flex those left neck muscles again]

















No comments: