Day 105: Mar 10 - You mean I've gotta do this again?

DaddyCam strikes again. Looks like someone could use a better cell phone camera. One that doesn't make Katie blurry. ;-)

I used to tell my clients that day two of a Go Live is actually much harder than day one. You spend so much energy leading up to that day mentally preparing yourself for day one of Go Live, and when the day ends, you blow a big sigh of relief and release. Then when day two rolls around, you realize, "crap, I've gotta do this again" and you have to quickly try and muster up that energy and enthusiasm again. That's kinda how today was for me. I had a little over a week to ramp up for day one so that I could survive it and live to tell about it. This morning, however, I realized that the cycle starts fresh again. This is going to be my new life and my new schedule. I was mentally prepared for day one, but I kinda forgot about day two and day three and so on.

I was struggling to stay awake during the day, partially because Katie still wakes up throughout the night and partially because new jobs always overwhelm me and make me tired. I'm also NOT a morning person, so the fact that I can get up, get myself ready and get Katie fed and ready and be at my desk by 8am is nothing short of a miracle!

I'm already seeing that spending so many hours away from Katie is making me cherish the precious time I do get with her even more. As soon as we get home from school, Daddy and I flop down on the floor next to her and play and smile and just absorb as much of her cuteness as we can.

Today at school, "Katie had another good day exploring new toys". She also sang Old MacDonald. Man, I'm starting to get jealous of her schedule!









No comments: