Day 116: Mar 21 - For BabyA

I'm going to AWWW myself and my productive tittahs today! I saw a plea on a message board that a 4 mo old baby's mom died suddenly. He had been exclusively breastfed, so they were looking for donations to help sustain him. The mother was a 34yo single mother, who luckily was living with her parents when she passed away in her sleep. Lucky because now BabyA doesn't have to be uprooted during this time and go to different surroundings. The grandmother had tried to switch him right over to formula, but he did NOT take to it well. His crying just broke his grandmother's heart, and with all that's going on right now, that was just too much for them. With all of the breastmilk they've been given, they'll be able to slowly transition him over.

I was able to give him 180 ounces from my freezer stash. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into pumping all of that, but I'm so glad it's going to a great cause. I received this email from the contact person last Friday: "The family is so grateful for any milk given to sustain BabyA, there is a donor who has given milk that he will be starting on today, yours would be his 2nd donor milk. The Lord has provided 3 or 4 other Moms to donate Breast milk, one of whom lost her baby this week to a heart condition. The family is so overwhelmed with the generosity of people like yourself."

What an amazing feeling!





1 comment:

Callie said...

That's awesome! God bless you and your milk-abundant boobies! :)