Day 108: Mar 13 - Do not answer, it's Derek Smeath!

I've noticed that when I leave in the morning, I give Katie a big old smooch on the face, which leaves her with an adorable lip print on her head. Daddy isn't as amused by this print because he's the one that has to scrub it off before taking her in to school. Eh, whadda ya gonna do?!

The movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" came out not too long ago, and I saw it when I was visiting my sister. In the movie, the main character is trying to avoid Derek Smeath from the collection agency. She even changes her ringtone to say, "Do not answer, it's Derek Smeath, Do not answer, it's Derek Smeak: I'm now living the same life as the main character where I am doing my best to hide from Derek Smeath!!!! I got a VM on my cellphone today from "Michelle at the hospital". I'm sure we must still owe money from Katie's delivery. I work right across the hall from the hospital's patient billing department. They're my group's customer. We share a lunchroom with them. I am sure hoping I don't run into Michelle during my lunch break one day! haha

As hard as it is for me to leave in the morning, I think it's equally hard on Daddy to do the official drop off. We're both also antsy to see her again at the end of the day. This afternoon I got this text from Daddy: "Roger. Pick up of precous cargo in progress. ETA on delivery to EaglesLair?" No sooner do we pull into the garage each day but he is rushing out to grab her from the car and smother her in kisses.

Since this is Dinosaur month at daycare, I sent Katie in with her dinosaur book to share with her class. Daddy rails against traditional stereotypes for boys and girls, so when I saw a Veloceraptor book, I snatched it up. I figured he'd enjoy reading that to his baby girl as she got older. I didn't know at the time that I bought it that the story line was pretty graphic and violent. LOL! Katie's sheet today said that she did in fact look at her dino book and shared it with her friends. She also did some Tummy Time and played with bubbles. Their fingerplay for the day was "Five Little Dinosaurs".






DaddyCam:



MommyCam:

No comments: