Day 104: Mar 9 - It's D Day

D as in Daycare. All in all, I think I handled the day pretty well. I think it helped that it was wicked early when I left the house, so I was still half asleep and not realizing what was going on. I headed off to work while Daddy got Katie dressed and off to daycare. I'm not sure I could have been the one to take her there myself. It was hard enough leaving her in Daddy's arms, forget leaving her with strangers.

I'm sensing that I'm going to need a routine to get through all of this. I started by getting both of our clothes ready and laid out for the week. To commemorate Katie's first week at daycare and Mommy's first week without her baby 24/7, I made sure all of Katie's outfits this week carried the same theme.....I love Mommy!

Since I was learning and absorbing so many new things at my new job, the day went relatively quickly. 4:30 could NOT come fast enough though and as soon as it arrived, I darted for my car and rushed to daycare to pick up my precious baby. I was worried about whether putting her in daycare was the right decision or not all day long, but when I showed up and girl was ZONKED in a glider chair, looking like she had spent the day at the spa, I knew she would be fine.

After she woke up, I picked her up and snuggled her as hard as I could. I stayed for a little bit and met her teachers, the whole time clinging tightly to my baby. It was even hard to let her go to put her in her carseat. Man did I miss that little bugger! I did, however, feel great elation at work that I could finally type two handed again. I forgot how much I missed that. ;-)

Daddy's assignment from now on is to send me a picture every day before taking her to school. I figured I was going to need something to cheer me up to get me through the day, and I knew that'd be the perfect remedy. The first two shots were from DaddyCam.

Katie will also be coming home each day with a sheet from daycare indicating when she ate, napped, pooed and what she spent her day doing. Today's sheet said, "Katie had a good first day. She finished her first bottle and wanted more". Umm, yeah, she is her mother's girl so no big surprise there. She also got to play with bubbles and sing the Dinosaur, Dinosaur song.

PHOTOS:















VIDEO:

No comments: