Day 6: Dec 1 - YAY! We're done with the blanket!

Today Grandma went with us for the billi check. We went to Wake Med this time and then on to the Cary location. Finally her billi level has started going back down [13.3] even though her weight has only gone up an ounce to 7lb 9oz. Hey, if it means no more billi blanket, we'll take it!



After the pediatrician visit, we headed over to Joann Fabrics. Grandma is going to sew a "Hooter Hider" for me so that I can feed Katie in public. Her timing is impecable though, because she was hungry before we even made it in to Joann Fabrics! I got to sit in the car and feed her with bewbie exposed. Not sure if the guy that parked next to me noticed when he got out of his car, but I've found that once you've delivered a child, you don't much care about things like that anymore. ;-)



Katie is really quite a good shopper. She just sits in her car carrier and snoozes. ;-) Strangers like walking by and peeking at us and then telling us how adorable she is. She really is, isn't she! ;-) I had one lady, with a toddler in her cart, start talking to me and trying to get a closer look. I was surprised how creeped out by this I was. I just kept screaming in my mind, "Don't you dare touch my baby, lady!" haha! Luckily she didn't attempt to, but all I wanted to do was flee from her.



By the time we got home, my body was pretty sore again. My stitches are really hurting as are my nips, which I'm sure is exacerbated by my exhaustion and fears of being a first time mother. I continue to be SOOO grateful for Daddy and Grandma. They've been so helpful to me physically and emotionally through this whole thing!