Day 4: Nov 29 - Katie goes on her first shopping trip

Early this morning, Daddy and I drove Katie back over to Rex hospital to get her billi blood work done and then her appointment at the doctor. Her billi level was 14.4 [8.7 after 24 hours]. Her hospital discharge weight was 7lb 12oz [she's lost 6% of her birth weight] and at today's appointment, she was down to 7lb 8oz [9% of her birth weight]. The NP wasn't overly pleased with those results, since they start to get concerned if a baby dips below a 10% weight loss. He's going to have us do another billi check the next day to see how she's doing.

After our appointment, we headed over to Babies R Us. Yes, Katie didn't waste much time before going on her first shopping excursion. My milk came in last night and I gotta say, engorgement is PAINFUL!!! We stopped at BRU so I could pick up a breast pump. It was quite an ordeal trying to decide which one, but after an emergency call to my friend Lora [and Daddy calling his sister for advice], I picked up the Medela Pump in Style. It was the most expensive pump, but I'm hoping it'll hold up well.

Katie continues to be freakin' adorable and oh so tiring! It's taking all three of us adults [Daddy, Grandma and I] to take care of her. How on earth do women in third world countries without all of this help do it??