Day 37: Jan 1 - A sad, sad day!

Today was a very sad, sad, sad day. Grandma left to head back home! We have all thoroughly enjoyed having her here! She was SUCH a huge help!!!! She helped me to learn all of Katie's cries and behaviors. She took over when Daddy and I were exhausted. We made a dynamic duo when out running errands and had everything down to a science on how to get in and out of stores with a baby and her stroller. I started crying as she was getting ready to go, and I noticed she bolted as soon as I did. I think she was just as sad as I was! I did make sure that Katie was in my arms as she was leaving though. Just waaaay to many comments made about Katie fitting into her suitcase. ;-) It's a good thing Katie makes so many squeeking noises, so we would have known right away if Grandma had found a way to stash her.

Before she left, she was able to help Daddy trim Katie's nails. I tried to cut them, but they're just so stinkin' small!

Grandma was awesome at helping to soothe Katie and calm her back down. When she left, we were left to fend for ourselves and figure out what would work. Daddy was very resourceful when he pulled out the dust buster and walked around with it on and her in his arms. It works like a charm....until the charge runs out. To be exact, according to Daddy, you must wear shoes, hold Katie, hold the dust buster turned on and walk in Figure 8's in the front room to calm her down. Apparently she's particular about these details, per her father. ;-)