Day 2: Nov 27 - First full day of life

I sent Daddy home last night to get a good night's sleep, and Katie and I stayed in the hospital. I made my first attempt at breastfeeding. She wasn't overly hungry, so it lasted about a minute, and it was quite the wierd experience. I'm hoping we get the hang of it easily though.
I made the mistake of not going to sleep while she was asleep, and instead got on the internet and sent out pictures of her arrival. BIG mistake! I was so tired the next day, since I only got about two hours sleep that first night, and obviously the day before was quite a taxing one. Now I know why they recommend to sleep when the baby sleeps!

When they brought her back in around 2am, I was FREEZING. Even my teeth were clattering. I don't know that my room was that cold, but I think with all of the stress my body had been through, it was revolting against getting out of bed! I snuggled up close with Katie though and got some awesome bonding time.

When they came back to check on us, the nurse calmly said she was going to take Katie up to the nursery to be observed. Apparently her breathing was becoming labored again, so they wanted to monitor it. It was sweet how calmly she said this so that I didn't completely freak out. There was no excuse for me not to get some sleep after she left. There was no baby to adore. ;-)
Daddy showed up around 10ish and made a beeline for his baby girl. ;-) Grandma came a bit later with a precious pink rose for the sweetest little grandbaby. The rest of the day, Katie spent time in someone's arms being ooh and aahed over. Happy Thanksgiving from the hospital!