Day 183: May 27 - Longest day of my life!

Today I had to fly to Daytona Beach, Florida for the day for work. The flight left at 6:20am, so I was up and out the door by 4:30am. While it was exciting to be able to get on a plane again, it was also difficult leaving Katie for so long. I've become quite attached to that little munchkin.

I didn't gauge my travel time well, since I was a little bit rusty, so I swear I was the last one boarding the plane. It was wierd flying again after such a long hiatus, and part of me was happy to be in the air again and part of me was relieved I no longer had to do that every week.


Pumping in the bathroom of an airplane was quite the adventure and the turbulance just added to the experience. Even pumping in the bathroom at the client site was anti-climatic after that.


After meeting with the reference site employees, we headed to the mall to waste some time before our flight out that night. I picked up quite a few new shirts, because I realized after having travelled for so many years, I didn't have enough different shirts to get me through a month. Clients never knew that I was wearing the same shirts week in and week out, but office coworkers tend to recognize that stuff.


The plane ride home was pretty uneventful, even with a second pumping session, and I was tired from the long day. The minutes dragged on once we landed at 11:15pm, and I couldn't drive home fast enough to see my little muffin again.

That was 19 hours of being away from my Katiebug, and it was an odd feeling [as I write this blog entry two years later, it is still the longest time I have been away from my baby!!]


The Daytona Speedway


Thanks Daddy for perking me up with a picture sent to my cellphone!


No comments: