Day 162: May 6 - How to NOT have a good day

When I woke up this morning, I had a snuggly little lump in my arms playing hookey. Of course, there were noisy releases from both ends simultaneously, but I tried to ignore that. I called in sick to work again, but as I was checking my calendar, I realized I had my six month post partum appointment scheduled at the office right next to work, not the one that was more convenient to home. Great! I tossed some clothes on me, left Katie in her jammies and bolted out the door. On my drive in, I called to see if I could fit her in for a pediatrician visit. She seemed in a little bit better spirits, but since I couldn't afford to take too much more time off of work, I wanted to get the approval from the doc that she was doing better.

Now if you've been following this blog at all, you'll know what a slacker I am and that I'm actually writing this post 170 days after the fact [and publishing it over a year later]. Despite that, I still can not look at the pictures and video from that day without getting upset and teary eyed. I was so strong through everything that happened in the doctor's office, and even for the few days following, but once Daddy got back home from his trip and I retold the story to him and then showed him the pictures, I broke down into a blubbering mess. Anyway, without further adieu...

I fully expected to hear from the doctor that it was just a daycare cold. Boy was I wrong. The appointment was two and a half hours of catheters, blood draws and shots to finally diagnose her with a UTI. It was HORRIBLE! I think the two of us are still traumatized. The poor girl would just get calmed down and then they'd come back in to do the next procedure. She got so upset towards the end that she threw up all over her clothes and the exam table, so she had to spend the rest of the time crumpled up sobbing in a paper gown. As a mother, you just ache when your baby aches. Dang it, I'm staring to tear up just writting this blog entry, so let me stop with this, my little angel is already up to 16lbs, 6oz and I love her to pieces!

The before shots:




I know you hurt, baby!
Exhausted at check out
Tell me this doesn't break your heart!!

No comments: