Day 166: May 10 - My first official Mother's day

Today is my first official Mother's Day, and what a beautiful and adorable baby I have. It's surreal to think that I have a child now, and that I've been blessed enough to have such a perfect one.

It wasn't quite the day I had hoped for though. Why am I doing laundry and making the bed at 9:45pm on Mother's day? because these things don't happen on their own. Daddy's chillin' on the couch watching TV after waking up from his nap.


What gets me through the day is realizing that I am now someone's mother, and how happy, and scary, and overwhelming, and how amazing that all is. It makes me appreciate my own mother even more. How on earth did she manage it with four children when just one is kicking my butt. Good thing she's so stinkin' cute and so well behaved. She takes it easy on me, and I'm grateful for that! I love that little lump of love!!



No comments: