Day 337: October 28 - And now transition is on hold

YAY, Daddy's coming home again!!!! After the difficulties of last night, I am SO pleased to announce that Daddy will be back from his trip tonight! I can't wait!

After such a traumatic bedtime last night, which included screams I have never heard come out of her mouth, I wasn't sure what I could expect this morning. I knew I was tired from getting to bed so late, and I was frustrated that I didn't get done what I had wanted to the night before. Katie? The biggest smiles on her face this morning. Little stinker!

She played on the big bed while I put on my makeup, but all she had for toys was a Little People toy, the remote control and my cellphone. I was getting to my mascara when I heard the familiar tone of the speed dial on my phone. I quickly grabbed the phone and hung it up, not knowing who she had attempted to call. About 30 seconds later, Aunt Laura called to see if we needed anything! haha! Umm, no, that would be Katie that tried to get ahold of you.

I sent Daddy a picture of Katie to help him get through his day with a smile on his face. He responded back: You sent her to daycare in that. Can you say ghetto?

We were very fortunate that Daddy was able to get an earlier flight home. He was originally scheduled for a midnight arrival, and I was fearful of what the next morning would behold with both of us being exhausted. It's not historically been a good combo for us. Katie went to bed relatively easy IN HER OWN CRIB, but shortly after Daddy got home, she started crying. He went in and changed her diaper, but she didn't seem impressed with that effort. He asked me if he should go in and get her, and I said, "No, she needs to learn to fall back asleep by herself in her crib". His response was, "I'm going to go get her anyway!" haha! He brought her back into bed, and I have to admit, it melted me watching him snuggling up with her. Daddy missed his baby girl while he was gone this week! I think this crib training deal is going to have to be postphoned until tomorrow!

As you can see with the pictures below, Katie is able to find entertainment in most anything...Mommy's "products", a trash can, a cat toy. Yeah, doesn't take much!



















No comments: