Day 323: October 14 - The man does follow directions

I had a Mom's night out planned at Mellow Mushroom tonight with some of my online friends, so Daddy was going to get some quality Katie time while I was out. Towards the end of the day, I got an email from him asking, "So what time am I allowed to pick her up without it looking desperate?" ;-)

I wanted to try and get home for Katie's last feeding, so I sent Daddy a message telling him to try not to give her a bottle and that I'd feed her from the tap. As I was getting ready to leave, someone asked me to stay a little bit longer so we could have a mini baby shower for one of the girls, so I sent him another text telling him it might be a little longer, and I wasn't sure if I would make it or not. Eating nummy baby shower cake took longer than I thought, so I finally ended up sending him a message telling him to just go ahead and give her a bottle since I probably wouldn't be home in time.

I got home around 9pm to find Katie sleeping and Daddy watching tv. I looked around for the bottle and didn't see one, so I asked him about it. Apparently he got my first message telling him not to feed her a bottle, but then the two of them went upstairs....sans his phone. He never received the additional messages telling him to go ahead and feed her, and it has been beaten into him not to squander milk because it is so hard for me to generate more these days. Poor little baby girl cried and fussed herself to sleep on an empty stomach!!!! Knowing she would just wake me up in the middle of the night to eat, I went ahead and nudged her awake enough to get her bedtime snack and then watched her drift back into LaLaLand.
















No comments: