Day 335: October 26 - Bird Dawg is born

I put her into our bed at midnight. I changed her diaper, and she still would not settle down, so I gave up and let her snuggle with us. Tired mommy = give up with little struggle Mommy.

I have been so worried about picking just the right outfit for Katie's upcoming photo shoot [school pictures at daycare]. I said I didn't want a repeat of last time, and Daddy's response was: There was nothing wrong with what she worn to school that day. Umm yeah!

Daddy sent me an email on Friday telling me to look at the red mayor signs on my way to pick up Katie from daycare. For the first one I saw, I only noticed that the guy went by "Bird Dawg". When I came upon the next one, I then noticed the dude's name is the same as Daddy's. I got quite a chortle out of it. We ended up stealing one of the signs, because well, it's just too funny. After Daddy shoved the sign in the car and started to drive, he looked in the rear view mirror and said, "Is that a cop back there?" Why yes it was! Luckily he turned off and did not come chase after us for stealing. Can you imagine how funny that would have been? So today I figure I'm going to see if I can find a website with a graphic to play with. Instead, this is what I found and sent them to Daddy:
Bird Dawg said he got the nickname for one reason: He keeps his eyes open and ears perked to what's going on. He has no prior town government experience; Sears has eight years in office, and Holleman has 17. "They've kind of got their ways set," said Bird Dawg of his more experienced competition. "You can't tell a stubborn old man nothing."---and----Bird Dawg, who has no Web site, said he's spread his platform by word of mouth. Besides, he says, people have already made up their minds."This thing's already done," he said.

No comments: