Day 47: Jan 11 - Can we get this over with, Mom?

Today was NOT a good mommy day! In the afternoon, I discovered I had a clogged duct in my breast. It was painful and caused a huge lump. It also meant that nothing was coming out of it to feed Katie. I tried every technique they said to try and unclog it. After an hour or two of varying heat and ice, showering and squeezing the heck out of it, I gave up and took a pain pill. When I woke up from that drug-induced nap, I tried on more time and it finally loosened. Looks like Bessie needs to take better care of herself.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, but while I was taking a hot, hot, hot shower to work on the duct, Katie had a fun time dancing with daddy. It was adorable to see her teeny tiny hand in his swaying back and forth to the music. *Somebody* appears to have her father wrapped around her tiny little finger!

My goal for Katie's first year is to try to take at least one picture a day of her. Well, as you can tell with this blog, a few of the days have gotten by me. I guess that's to be expected with the exhaustion of a newborn. I was determined today that I was not going to let the day slip past me without at least one shot, so at 11:59p.m. when Katie woke up for her feeding, I snapped a few last min pictures. I think you can use your imagination to figure out what she thinks I should do with my picture goal.....especially around feeding time.