Day 294: September 15 - Getting left behind

Katie just got "surpassed" at school She's not crawling yet. She's thinking about it, but she's not fully committed to it just yet. A baby a month younger than her just got moved to Infant Room B because she is crawling. Katie's still in Infant Room A, and is the eldest at this point. Half of the babies in Infant Room A already have teeth as well. I keep reminding myself that as a breastfed baby, I'm GLAD she doesn't have teeth yet. It's hard not to be affected by knowing she's getting surpassed by all of the other babies though. I know, I know, she'll do it when she's ready. I know, I know, there's a broad range of when babies hit these milestones. It's still hard though! I know I should appreciate her non-mobileness, and I do. I just don't like seeing her being surpassed. this is my baby! I want only the best for her!

I do, however, love that she is such a snuggler. We had quite the snuggle sandwich this morning between she and the cats and I. Nothing sweeter than cuddling with your adorable baby girl!





No comments: