Day 86: Feb 19 - Mom's got a "meeting"

Katie and I were quite tired from all of our entertaining this week and had planned on snuggling and napping, but I got a call yesterday afternoon with some awesome news that a position I was interested in had opened up again after a hiring freeze and they wanted to interview me today. I scurried to get my resume updated and printed and figure out if any of my interview suits still fit. It was the first time in a long time that I ventured to put on makeup AND do my hair.

The interview went really well, and it got me excited to go back to work, but then I started thinking about what Katie was going to do while I was at work, and it didn't include snuggling with me. Hmmm, this had better be an amazing job to entice me to leave my sweet baby for over 40 hours a week.

At the end of the day, I realized I hadn't taken her daily picture yet, and not wanting to disturb her, this is as good as I could get. ;-)

Ironically, today was also my first day back from maternity leave, and I was told that tomorrow will be my last day with the company. Not cool that they couldn't help me find a non-travel position, but I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Your comments are working! Nice going!