Day 74: Feb 7 - Daddy's a Rockstar!

I came back from running errands in the morning and fed Katie. As I was looking down at her while burping her, I saw a big red blotch on her temple. Oh great, now what in the heck has your father done to your head, Katie? Oh wait, oops, that's Mommy's lipgloss from kissing you so much. My bad! haha

We had such a great time. I was fun to be at a baby shower now that I’m “on the other side”. ;-) I was eying her presents and thinking, oh yeah, you’re gonna love that. Oh yeah, you’re gonna NEED that! I think the mothers are definitely ready for Kathleen’s baby, because they had a good time doting on Katie. In fact, the MIL is such a saint and held Katie the entire two hours. Of course, my sweet girl was zonked out in her arms, but still, that’s a lot of weight to hold up for that long. Perhaps her cuteness made the load lighter. ;-)

After the shower, we met up with some of my friends at a local restaurant for supper. It was great seeing them again. There was some major competition on who got to hold her also. There is just something so enticing about an adorable chubby cheeked girl.

We’re trying some new sleep training techniques, so we had to cut that even early and come home to get started. Our neighbors across the street were having a Chili Cookoff, so we stopped by for a few minutes to say hey. They pulled out their Guitar Hero game, and I envisioned us as living on Wisteria Lane [from Desperate Housewives] with our own neighborhood garage band. Daddy started off on the guitar, but when the band got booed off the stage, he switched to vocals. Listen to the short video below for proof that perhaps they should have left him on guitar. ;-)



























We gussed ourselves up, because today was another big social day. Our first stop was my friend Kathleen's baby shower.