Day 350: November 10 - Another rough night

I am one tired Mommy!!!! I attempted to do bedtime routine in Katie's room and then put her in her crib as she was falling asleep. She was not impressed with that. I took her into our room to get her settled down again and asleep before transferring her back to her crib. She stayed down for awhile, but eventually woke up around 1 a.m. crying. Daddy went in to soothe her, but she cried for the entire half hour. I went in after that and picked her up and rocked her. She just would not completely settle. I got her some teething tablets and a dose of Tylenol, and even that wouldn't calm her completely. She would just get calm and then all of a sudden start fussing again. She kept taking her pacifier out of her mouth and slamming it on the ground also. Let me just tell you, it is NOT easy trying to find a pacifier on the floor under a rocker at 2 a.m with a crying baby who won't let you put her down!

I finally took her downstairs and sat her on her vibrating Mush bean bag and hugged her [she would get upset if she didn't have the feeling of being held]. She started to settle more to the point where she even laid back. I strapped her in, and she eventually closed her head and fell asleep. I kept her there for quite awhile to make sure she was completely zonked out. Around 3 a.m., I took her back upstairs and put her in her crib. When she woke up at 4 a.m. and cried, I was done. Time to grab her and snuggle with her in our bed.

I don't know whether it was good or bad that I forgot to set my alarm clock, because while it was nice to make up for some lost sleep, it also meant I was headed into work an hour later than normal.

While we were preparing some supper, she found her way into her shelf of bottles and nipples. It didn't seem to bother her that there was no bottle filled with milk attached to the nipple she started sucking on. It was quite funny to listen to the smacking sounds she was making with it.





















No comments: