Day 225: July 8 - a dark day for La Leche

Eff my life! 30 min of pumping = 2oz of breastmilk. I HATE when my period is on her way!!! If you remember, I was a total oversupplier, and I got cocky thinking that'd last, so I donated my freezer stash to a little boy whose mother died. When I hit the six month mark though, my period returned and while she's in town, my supply PLUMMITS! I try to overcompensate the other three weeks, but I could only get 1-2 extra bottle's worth. I just wanna cry. Katie's already eating 2 containers of Stage 2 solids [which is probably more than she should have], but I can not seem to produce the 12-16oz she needs for daycare every day. This is going to be a loooong week trying to pull milk out of thin air to feed my baby!

It was a sad sad day for this breastfeeding momma, but I had to break down and buy some formula today. I needed it to supplement Katie's bottles this week until my period comes and goes. I have never been more proud of myself about anything else than I have been about being able to exclusively breasfeed this long. I really had it in my heart to make it a full year exclusively. This was such an important goal for me. It's hard when you have a goal you're working so hard for but you just can't completely achieve. I know everything will be fine and that I'm not "ruining" my child by feeding her "devil's juice". I'm just kinda mourning the end of an era.

No comments: