Day 195: June 8 - Sippy suckin' success

Text from Daddy: This picture makes me smile every time!




Tonight I put the sippy cup on her highchair tray to entertain her while I fed her [measuring cups were fascinating the day before] and five seconds after I set it there, she plopped it up to her mouth and tried to drink! I put a little bit of water into it to see if she could figure out how to suck from it, and she did. She looked so stunned at the taste of water. I know breastmilk needs to stay her main nutritional option, but to introduce her to the cup more, I'm wondering what should I put in it? Breastmilk? Milk? Water? NC Sweet Tea?



I'm sure I don't have to worry about it too much yet since tonight it was much more fun to suck on it and then let the water dribble back out of her mouth and down her nekkid belly.








No comments: